Terms & Conditions
“Company” means Chique Global Ltd T/A Chique Marquees.
“Client” means the person to which the equipment is being hired to.
“Delivery Date”, “Deposit (if any)”, “Equipment”, “Price”, “Site” and “User Period” shall have the meanings as set out in the Quotation.
“Period of Hire” means the period from the Delivery Date until the Equipment has been dismantled and removed from the Site.
“Quotation” means the quotation sent by the Company to the Client as set out overleaf.
These conditions shall apply to all orders and contracts for the supply of Equipment in the UK by the Company or its authorised agents and if there are any qualifications or variations to these conditions it is important for the avoidance of doubt that such variations should be in writing in the space overleaf.
All orders for goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Client to hire goods in accordance with these conditions and the Quotation.
The Company Undertakes
- to deliver the Equipment on the Delivery Date and to proceed to erect it for use on or before the commencement of the Use Period except that if the Equipment is tables, chairs and forms the Company’s obligation is limited to delivery only.
- to dismantle and remove the Equipment from the Site as soon as reasonably practicable after the Use Period.
The Client Undertakes
- to pay the Deposit (if any) and to pay the balance in accordance with the Quotation.
- to pay interest on all monies outstanding 14 days after the date for payment both before and after judgement at a rate of 4 per cent per annum above the base rate.
- to provide the Company with written confirmation that there are no underground services on the site where the marquee is to be erected, or with an accurate plan showing the location of any underground services. If the Client does not own the site, then it is their responsibility to obtain this written confirmation from the site owner. If there is any doubt as to where services are then the Company will need to undertake a CAT scan, at the Client expense, in order to minimise the risk of Injury from underground services. As CAT scans are not guaranteed to locate all services, the Company shall not be liable for any damage caused to any undetected Underground Services.
- to obtain any necessary permission to erect the marquee from the site owner.
- to obtain any necessary licences from the local authority relating to the planned activity within the marquee.
- to obtain planning consent and/or building regulations approval, should this be required.
- if any part of the Equipment includes electrical apparatus to provide such power points or supply as may be reasonably required by the Company within 15 metres of the Equipment.
- not to enter the Equipment while it is being erected by the Company
- to keep any part of the Equipment that is a framed structure or a tent completely closed and secure and in particular any door in place and fastened when not in use.
10a. The client shall be responsible for and shall reimburse the company for any loss of or damage to all hired equipment whatsoever the cause unless the damage or loss is the fault of the company.
10b. The client must provide to the company proof of having arranged insurance in their name for their hired equipment at least seven days prior to the delivery date of the equipment; confirmation that the client’s household insurance policy covers the hired equipment would be sufficient.
10c. Upon payment of the ‘Damage Waiver Fee’ referred to on the quotation then the above clauses 10a and 10b will not apply. Please note that the client will remain responsible for the first £500 for any loss of or damage to all hired equipment resulting from their negligence or criminal act.
- Not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind without the previous consent in writing of the Company.
- Not to tamper with the structure or any part of the Equipment and in particular not to affix or suspend from the Equipment any item whatsoever without the Company’s prior written consent.
- The Company will use its best endeavours to supply the Client with the Equipment ordered but where this is not possible the Company will notify the Client as soon as possible of any alterations to the design and specifications of the Equipment and where the alteration is fundamental the Client may terminate this contract and any Deposit paid will be refunded plus any unavoidable expenses incurred by the client.
- The Price is based on the assumption that the Client provides a firm and level site of turf (or some other material not impervious to stakes and able to absorb rainwater) and is served by a firm access road adjacent to the Site with adequate hard-standing for commercial vehicles is free from flooding trees and overhead obstruction. If this is not the case or if the Client wishes the Company to erect the Equipment in a different position on the Site to the one indicated by the Client to the Company at the time of the Quotation and in either event the costs to the Company are subsequently increased by reason of increase in labour costs or any other factor the Company may increase the price in accordance with the Company’s published price list and hourly labour rates then in force.
- The Price does not include making good any repairs to the Site unless caused by the negligence of the Company’s servants, agents or contractors.
- All sums payable under this Agreement unless otherwise stated are exclusive of VAT and other duties or taxes. Any VAT or other duties or taxes payable in respect of such sums shall be payable in addition to such sums.
- Either party shall have the right to terminate this Contract without penalty within seven days from the date of the contract subject to written confirmation of such termination being given by one party to the other within such period. In the event of such termination by either party the Company shall refund to the Client all sums paid by the Client to the Company by way of deposit or otherwise. The Client is therefore advised not to enter into any other contract that relies upon the hire of the equipment until this seven day “cooling off” period has passed.
- Once the period of 7 days referred to in the preceding clause has passed, should the Client cancel the contract the Client shall compensate the Company to the extent of their reasonable costs incurred. As a guide, these would be no more than 20% of the Price if the Company is able to re-let the equipment or 50% if it is unable to do so. Cancellation less than seven days prior to the Period of Hire may result in higher costs, but the compensation due will not in any event exceed the Price.
- Once the period of 7 days referred to in the preceding clause has passed, should the Company cancel the contract the Company shall pay the Client compensation of 50% of the Price (100% if less than seven days prior to the Period of Hire) or the Client’s unavoidable expenses, whichever is greater.
Exclusion of Liability
- The Company will make every effort to complete the erection of the Equipment on or before the commencement of the Use Period, provided that the Client has complied with the undertakings set out above. If the Equipment is not erected before the commencement of the Use Period the Client shall have the right to withdraw and the Company shall return all monies paid. The Company shall also reimburse the Client for any unavoidable additional expenses incurred, except that, if the Equipment is not erected because of delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the liability of the Company shall be limited to return of the monies paid by the Client.
- The Company will take all reasonable care to avoid any damage to the Clients’ own equipment but cannot be responsible for any loss suffered by the Client in respect thereof other than as a result of the negligence of the Company’s servants, agents or contractors